- Name and contact details of the data controllers responsible for the data processing and of the company data protection officer
- Purposes of data processing, legal basis, legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, categories of recipients
- Your rights
The following data protection information provides you with an overview of the nature and extent of personal data processing carried out by Beauty Media Solutions GmbH.
Personal data is information that is or can be attributed directly or indirectly to your person.
Every time you visit the Beauty Media Solutions GmbH website/application, different kinds of information are exchanged between your end device and our server. This can also include personal data. The information collected in this way is used, for example, to make the contents of the website available to you and to prevent unauthorised access.
2. Name and contact details of the data controllers responsible for the data processing and of the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing performed by
Beauty Media Solutions GmbH (“Data Controller” or “we”, “us” etc.)
Managing Directors: Isabell Hendrichs, Vanessa Stützle
Commercial register: Local Court of Düsseldorf HRB 87780
Telephone: +49 (0)211 16847 3321
The Beauty Media Solutions GmbH data protection officer can be contacted under the above address, c/o Data Protection Department, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Purposes of data processing, legal basis, legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, categories of recipients
3.1. Visiting our website
Whenever you visit our website/application, the browser used on your end device automatically sends information to our website server. The information is then temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is collected without further action on your part and is stored for seven days before being automatically deleted:
- The IP address of the calling internet-enabled device
- The date and time of access
- The name and URL of the file opened
- The website/application that directed the user to our website (referrer URL)
- The browser you use, possibly the operating system of your internet-enabled computer, and the name of the access provider
The legal basis for processing the IP address is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the purposes listed below:
- To ensure trouble-free connection
- To ensure that our website/application is easy to use
- To analyse system security and stability
- For other administrative purposes
3.2. Contacting Beauty Media Solutions GmbH
You can contact us in different ways, in particular by using the contact form provided on our website or by email. The data processing carried out in connection with your message can serve different purposes, depending on the content of your message. We generally store and process the data provided so that we can handle your inquiry.
The legal basis for processing your data within the context of you contacting us is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, based on our legitimate interest to communicate with (potential) business partners and other third parties.
Personal data stored in connection with your inquiry will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required, provided they are not (any longer) subject to statutory retention requirements. The necessity of ongoing storage is checked at least once a year. We are usually obliged to store copies of our business correspondence for six years, beginning at the end of the respective year. The legal basis for this storage is Article 6(1)(c) GDPR (compliance with a legal obligation).
On our website we offer you the possibility to register for our newsletters. In order to ensure that no mistakes are made when entering the email address, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure: After you have entered your email address in the registration field, we will send you a confirmation link. Only when you click on this confirmation link will your email address be added to our mailing list. The processing of your electronic contact data at this point is based solely on your consent (Article 6(1)(a) DSGVO).
By registering, you consent to us collecting the data stored about you (surname, first name, email address, information voluntarily provided by you such as your job title, telephone number), using it for our own market and opinion research and, on this basis, sending you personalised advertising and special offers exclusively relating to our products and services, by email, on the Beauty Media Solutions websites and in any form of contact from you to Beauty Media Solutions GmbH.
You can revoke this consent at any time, e.g. via the ‘unsubscribe’ link contained in every e-mail. Your revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your data for the respective purpose based on your consent until revocation.
3.4. Website analytics
For website analytics we use “Google Analytics”, a product provided by Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
The purpose of this service is to analyse the website usage of visitors to our website. Based on these analyses, we can place targeted advertisements in Google’s advertising network in order to reach potential customers for our company. Google processes the data collected in this process partly as a data processors on our behalf, partly as its own responsible data controller.
Google Analytics uses the following data for the aforementioned purposes:
- The (shortened) IP address of the requesting internet-enabled device.
- The date and time of access
- The name and URL of the file accessed
- The website/application from which the access was made (referrer URL)
- The browser you are using and, if applicable, the operating system and other properties of your internet-enabled computer (e.g. your screen resolution).
Google may combine these data with other data that you have provided to Google or that Google has collected in the course of your use of other services.
The cookies used in this context have a storage period of up to 2 years. Insofar as Google stores the collected data as our data processor, the storage period of the data is limited to a maximum of 14 months. Where Google stores the data as its own responsible data controller, the storage period may be longer.
The legal basis for the processing of your data associated with Google Analytics is Art 6(1)(a) GDPR in conjunction with your consent. You can withdraw this consent at any time in the cookie settings. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal.
3.5. Categories of recipients
We can commission external service providers (e.g. data centres, consultants) to perform the data processing for certain tasks. When we cooperates with such service providers, they are bound by contractual agreements to observe data protection to the same extent as we are.
4. Your rights
Under the provisions of the GDPR you have various rights that you can assert against us. They include, for example, the right to appeal against specific data processing, in particular data processing for advertising purposes. Along with the right to revoke the declaration of consent you made to us, you are entitled to the following further rights if the relevant legal prerequisites are fulfilled:
- Right to information about your personal data that is stored by us pursuant to GDPR Art. 15,
- Right to rectification of incorrect data or to completion of incomplete personal data pursuant to GDPR Art. 16,
- Right to erasure of your data stored by us pursuant to GDPR Art. 17,
- Right to restriction of processing of your data pursuant to GDPR Art. 18,
- Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO,
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. For this purpose, you can usually contact the supervisory authority in charge for your customary place of residence or workplace, or for our headquarters.
4.2. Right to object
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, including profiling based on this provision. We will then no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to such processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. When you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes.